Saving controls settings?

For all topics that don't fit into some other category. Note that nosotros cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development squad.

User avatar

GreyGhost-66
Posts: iv
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Saving controls settings?

I've had this problem occasionally back in FSX. Now I've had information technology happen in P3D V3.4.221986. I get my settings set just the fashion I desire them and the organisation hiccups and my settings are gone. Then I have to piece of work out all my settings again. Very irritating. Is there a config file somewhere that I can backup and so just reinstall information technology when my organization eats my old settings?

Win 10 V1709*ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero MoBo*Intel Core i7-6700K*GIGABYTE GeForce 980 Ti*CORSAIR 16 GB* WD Blackness 3TB HD 7200 RPM*Intel 750 Series 2.v" 800 GB SSD*ASUS Hyper Kit Expansion Card*CORSAIR H100i Cooler*Corsair HXi PSU

User avatar

aeronauta
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun October 23, 2011 1:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Saving controls settings?

Post by aeronauta »

In the menu> settings > controls select any controller and at the lesser there is an Import and Export button , fix your settings every bit you like then click OK , come back and select Export , it volition consign the settings to a file ,, proper name it every bit you wish , the file goes to your Documnents\Prepar3d v3.. as an XML file.

If the SIM ends up incorrectly at close time ( for whatever reason) the standard.xml file may be corupted , P3D will create a pristine one ...thats why if changes to default sometimes..

Jorge

Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

User avatar

GreyGhost-66
Posts: 4
Joined: Sabbatum Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Re: Saving controls settings?

Mail service past GreyGhost-66 »

Thank you so much for your quick respond.
If you are able to hear this "Twack!" That's me slapping my forehead. I'm pitiful, almost all my experience was with FSX. I didn't realize what the Consign/Import buttons pertained to in P3D V3. I imagined that they were for saving flight plans.
I purchased P3D V4 yesterday. None of the buttons were as I had assigned them in P3D V3. When I asked to import the settings, all I had to do was go to the Documents/P3D V3 files and import the settings I had saved fro P3VD V3. Right away I'm upwards and running and smiling.
Thanks very much I apologize for asking a silly question.

Win 10 V1709*ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero MoBo*Intel Cadre i7-6700K*GIGABYTE GeForce 980 Ti*CORSAIR sixteen GB* WD Blackness 3TB Hard disk 7200 RPM*Intel 750 Serial 2.5" 800 GB SSD*ASUS Hyper Kit Expansion Carte*CORSAIR H100i Libation*Corsair HXi PSU

User avatar

aeronauta
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 one:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Saving controls settings?

Post past aeronauta »

At that place are no light-headed questions , all are intended to be for one illustration... similar the one y'all made , now you know ...

Happy Flying

Jorge

Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Airplane pilot - Spad.Adjacent Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

johnliem
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 v:05 pm

Re: Saving controls settings?

Post past johnliem »

Hi,

I know how to save this saving control setting past doing exporting it to a folder, just I accept some other question where this setting really saved? except in xml file , is it in P3D.cfg? or somewhere else? thanks

Win10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10980XE five.0 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5

User avatar

aeronauta
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Saving controls settings?

Post past aeronauta »

nowhere else but what I have said...
Jorge

Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Airplane pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester